Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Long Time No See

Yes, I’m still alive. I know that it’s been a while since I was last in this space, and for those of you who’ve missed me, well... bless you. For those of you who didn’t even realize that I was gone, well… thanks for nothing.
It’s not as if anything has been happening in my world that would keep me away from this space. I really have no excuses. That is, unless you count…
  • that I moved
  • that I was hospitalized
  • that I got married. Yes, married

And if you DON’T count any of those things (c’mon – not even the “married” one?), then I apologize to you for my lack of credible excuses. Imagine, if you can, a vision of me hanging my head in shame.
As for the world of television, being that it’s May it’s almost time for the annual network upfront presentations… at which each network unveils its fall schedules. As always, preceding the actual upfronts are several series of swirling rumors about the fates of current and new series.
Today’s rumors include:
  • CBS is enjoying such a strong comedy-development year that it may pull the plug on several of its current comedies, including The New Adventures of Old Christine, Rules of Engagement, and Gary Unmarried, in order to replace them with new entries.
  • ABC is once again in negotiations to pick-up Old Christine, should CBS end up cancelling it. ABC supposedly would like to slot the series in its current CBS times slot (Wednesdays at 8:00), which would give ABC a fairly-decent lead-in for its recently-renewed (and new TV Boy favorite) The Middle.
  • ABC is also in discussion to pick up CBS’s The Ghost Whisperer, should CBS decide not to bring it back in the fall. Ghost is actually a co-production of CBS and ABC Studios, and so it would make sense for ABC to want to continue production on the series.
  • NBC may try to establish a second night of half-hour comedies, to complement its Thursday night lineup
  • CBS is planning to permanently move The Big Bang Theory into the Monday-at-9 slot, regardless of the outcome of the negations with Charlie Sheen.

In addition, there are rumors coming out The CW’s camp; however, I’ll refrain from discussing them here. Why, you may ask? Well, quite frankly, no one cares anymore about The CW.

Hey, any network that features vampires that can exist during the day doesn't deserve attention anyway...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home