Sunday, May 31, 2009

Can't We Just Skip Ahead to September?

Can you believe it? We've come to the end of yet another television season. And so… for those of you who’ve been wondering what my “must-see TV” for the past season has been, allow me to give you a glimpse into my world of viewing. These shows have been, for me, appointment viewing:


- Lost (ABC)
- 30 Rock (NBC)
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS)
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS)
- Brotherhood (Showtime)
- Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)


Lost remained television’s best show overall… and it may go down in history as one of the finest television series ever. Yes, it’s THAT good. If you haven’t been watching, then get the season-one DVD set and get going! Now! You’ve got a lot to catch up on! But it’ll be worth it, I promise.

Comedy had a great year this season. Yes, 30 Rock had a few rough weeks this season, but its other weeks more than made up for those rough weeks. As for The Big Bang Theory… it quickly ascended into my must-see world during this past season. It’s a laugh-out-loud show that MORE than proves that the multi-camera comedy is not dead! Its move to the 9:30 slot this fall (leading out of Two and a Half Men) should ensure its top-10 status next season. We love you, Sheldon and Leonard!

Sadly, Brotherhood will not be returning for a third season. And no, my sadness over that fact has nothing to with the fact that Fionnula Flanagan became a pivotal character on Lost this past season.

And finally... proof that there actually may be a god: According to Jim was finally, once-and-for-all, cancelled by ABC.

Now... it's onto the summer TV schedule. So You Think You Can Dance, I'm a Celebrity - Get Me Out of Here, Big Brother...

Is it September yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home