Thursday, April 26, 2007

Michael, Revisited...

Revisiting my recent post about Harold Perrineau and his absence from the season-finale of Lost...

Shortly after this recent post hit the blogwaves, someone wrote to me to tell me a different version of the "Perrineau won't be making a return appearance on Lost" story. According to the person who wrote to me, Perrineau actually did want to return to Lost, but was forbidden to do so because of his contractual obligation to a CBS pilot entitled Demons.

Being that I just received this correspondence, I have not yet been able to verify the claim made by its author. However, I will admit that it does sound as if it could be plausible... after all, Perrineau is part of the cast of Demons... and it would make sense that his contract with that production company would call for a period of exclusivity. Again, though, I have not yet been able to confirm this... but I will say that I at least want to believe it.

So, if it does turn out to be true (and let's hope that it does), then the only way that we'd be able to even possibly again see Michael on the island of Lost is if Demons doesn't get picked up by CBS. Now, I hate to wish bad things for the pilot and its cast, but Mr. Perrineau - you were just too good as Michael, and nothing would please me (and quite a few other Lost-heads) than to see you make a return trip to the island. Micheal has a lot of explaining to do!

I'm guessing that you'd leave Walt at home, though. It would pretty tough to explain how young Walt managed to age by a couple of years, even though you've only been off of the island for a few weeks. Ah, the perils of casting child actors!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to you for printing what actually is the truth regarding the Demons/Lost situation. Let's put it like this...even if Demons does get picked up, Mr. Perrineau would still like to complete his character on Lost. He loves the show, the fans, and his character very much. It wouldn't feel right not to wrap it up somehow. So here's hoping everyone is on the same page with that, and we will see a Michael return either way. And even though walt might be BIG...here's hoping we see him as well.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home