Monday, August 14, 2006

Don't Pay This Ransom

I finally saw the complete pilot for NBC’s Kidnapped over the weekend, and it left me feeling less than captivated. I hate to say that, because when you look at the parts rather than the whole, it's a show that you want to like. The cast? Well, the cast (headed by Jeremy Sisto, Delroy Lindo, Timothy Hutton, and Dana Delaney) was more than competent. And the show looked great -- the cinematography certainly raised this show above the average kidnapping-of-the-week made-for-TV movie. But – as a package, it just all seemed too predictable. Overly predictable, in fact. I was waiting for the show’s “wow” moment – the plot device that I wouldn’t have seen coming; the plot device that would have made me want to come back for more. Unfortunately for NBC, the show never delivered that moment.

Sorry NBC, but after watching this pilot, I felt like the one being held hostage. I just don’t see this kidnapping having a happy ending.

Kidnapped premieres September 20 at 10:00pm on NBC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home