Sunday, November 20, 2005

Bah, Humbug

Tha date was Thursday, November 17, 2005. Barely two weeks past Halloween. And still one week before Thanksgiving. Yet on this date, radio listeners in Southeastern New England were treated to the start of "all Christmas music all the time" on LiteRock 105 (WWLI, 105.1FM).

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sensing a pent-up demand for Christmas music (and yes, holiday purists - that even includes Domenic the Italian Christmas Donkey) in mid-November. Now, even though I would still have considered it an early launch, I could at least understand kicking-off the all-Christmas format on the day after Thanksgiving; after all, that day is considered the "official" start of the holiday season (especially for retailers). But mid-November? Hey, I still haven't finished my Halloween candy, and Thankgiving dinner isn't even on my radar screen yet. Come on, Citadel (the corporate owner of LiteRock 105)... give us a break. Please? After all, it is the holiday season.

Oh, great. Now they've got me doing it.



** ** **

Ratings Report

For the week ending November 13, 2005...

Top 20 Prime Time Programs

1. CSI (CBS)
2. Desperate Housewives (ABC)
3. NFL Monday Night Football (ABC)
4. WIthout a Trace (CBS)
5. Lost (ABC)
6. Grey's Anatomy (ABC)
7. CSI: NY (CBS)
8. Survivor: Guatemala (CBS)
9. CSI: Miami (CBS)
10. NCIS (CBS)
11. Cold Case (CBS)
12. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC)
13. Two and a Half Men (CBS)
14. Law & Order: SVU (NBC)
15. ER (NBC)
16. Criminal Minds (CBS)
17. Commander in Chief (ABC)
18. 60 Minutes (CBS)
19. House (Fox)
20. CBS Sunday Night Movie (CBS)


The Bottom Five

116. America's Next Top Model - Encore (UPN)
117. Reba (WB)
118. What I Like About You (WB)
119. Related - Wednesday (WB)
120. Supernatral - Sunday (WB)

2 Comments:

Blogger gumushel said...

I agree Christmas starts too early. I like your blog. TV Turn Off week is in April!

8:03 PM  
Blogger TV Boy said...

Thanks for the blog comment, Lake. I'm glad that we see eye-to-eye on the "early Christmas" thing... but don't get crazy on me with that "tv turn-off week" stuff. Just put down the remote, back away from the TV and into your favorite chair, and just take-in another enjoyably mind-numbing episode of Good Times.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home