Friday, September 23, 2005

Cruel Juxtapositions

If you've seen it, then you know that Everybody Hates Chris is one of the best new shows of the Fall season. However, if you happened to stay tuned to UPN to watch the show that follows Chris, then you already know that this show, Love, Inc., is one of the worst new shows of the Fall season. Having to sit through Love, Inc. on a Thursday night gets one longing for the days when WWE Smackdown still graced the Thursday-night UPN lineup.

It's sad that UPN is wasting this valuable time slot (leading out of Chris) on such poorly acted, poorly written, and poorly directed nonsense. Somewhere in the world this week Shannen Doherty is sending a huge bouquet of red roses to Dawn Ostroff and the other powers-that-be at UPN for bouncing her from this not-long-for-this-world series.

** ** **
I gave Joey another chance last night. After all, this was the season premiere, and producers were promising a new and improved Joey (and Joey). For those of you who've slept through Thursday nights over the past twelve months, Joey is the Friends spin-off that started out with great promise, only to fizzle into mediocrity.
Despite the changes (Joey becomes a successful actor! Joey finds a new best friend!!), the show is still wallowing in mediocrity. And it probably doesn't help that as Joey makes us nostalgic for our Friends of old, we the viewers can switch over from NBC to TBS and watch the best of Friends... right there in that same time slot as Joey.
** ** **
Mr. Food I'm Not, But...
For all of you who've been wondering... yes, I did make that pizza this week. Not sent out for that pizza. Not picked up that pizza. Not heated-up that pizza. I made a pizza. As some of you already know, in the past I used to make a mean (read: good) pizza. But... it's been a while since I attempted such an undertaking, and so a quality pizza was hardly a lock. But now that I have all that extra counter space, it was time. And I'm pleased to report that the results were actually very good and overwhelmingly edible.

But -- put my pizza next to a Bertucci pizza, and I'll turn on my own creation in a heartbeat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home